Dana is the Owner of YOGA HALE, Yoga and Fitness Facility, as well as being a personal trainer in beautiful Kailua Kona, Hawaii. Originally from Chicago, she earned her Bachelor’s degree in 1995 from DePaul University. Afterward, she taught there while earning her Master’s in Science. Dana helped many student athletes recover from injuries and work on strength and endurance. She also taught posture and fitness classes at DePaul, studied Pilates and after graduating, traveled through Europe, and learning Ashtanga yoga while living in an Ashram.
Formerly the Fitness Coordinator for an exclusive golf and beach club in Hawaii – Kuki’o. Her work included all aspects of fitness, creating schedules, managing staff and training clients. It also included helping people strengthen and stretch in an injury free environment, working one on one, quickly assessing needs, taking into considerations previous injuries, and spinal assessments, to develop a workout program that is all encompassing.
She believes a personalized program is the only program a person should follow. No two bodies are alike and most times even the two sides of one’s own body need different considerations. In order to be happy and take advantage of what life has to offer, an individual first needs to be healthy and free of pain.
- First Responder Certified (including CPR & AED Certified)
- I.D.E.A Health and Fitness Association Member 2005
- AFAA certification 2007
- Certified Mat & Reformer Level 1 & 2 Pilates Instructor 2005 – 2007
- N.E.S.T.A. National Endurance Sport Trainers Association Certified
- Trained In: Ashtanga Yoga 10 years teaching (6 weeks in an Ashram)
- Certified Jonny G Spinning Instructor since 1999
- Road to Hana Maui 52 miles relay 2008 (1st place)
- Hilo to Volcano 50k Ultra Marathon Relay 31mile/4000 ft incline 2007 (1st place)
- Kukio Blue Water Swim 2011(1st in Age Group)
- Kukio Challenge Triathlon 2010 (1st place) 2012 (3rd place)
- Hapuna 1.2 mile Rough water swim 2010 (2nd in Age Group)
- Richardson 1.2 mile Rough Water Swim (2nd in Age Group)
- Kings 1.2 mile swim 2010 (2nd in Age Group)
- Volcano 10 mile Crater Rim Run (2nd in Age group)
- Lavaman Olympic Distance Triathlon 2007 (3rd Age Group)
- Honu Half Ironman triathlon 2007
- Lavaman Waikoloa 2005, 2007, 2010, 2012
- Lavaman Keahou Relay 2009, 2011
- Kealakekua 4.5 mile relay swim
- Tinman Biathlon Maui 2006
- Honolulu Marathon 2007
- Kona ½ Marathon 2010
- Omaha ½ Marathon 2010
- Strang Superbowl 16.5 mile run 2012
With his Bachelors in communications, he has a passion for health, fitness & golf. Originally from Southern California, he is the winner of many amateur golf events. That is not including having run over 7 marathons, competing in 10 Olympic distance triathlons, and much more. He is most proud to have been a competitor in The World Championship Ironman Hawaii , Kailua Kona which is home for Jeff.
Cycling on the Ironman course is a weekly event for Jeff, who loves to introduce new people to the sport of triathlon. Taking someone who doesn’t believe they can run 3 miles and showing them they can finish any distance event, while having a good time along the way is a great accomplishment in his eyes. Life is what happens while we are making plans, so it is all about the journey and the story for Jeff.
Balance is his newest challenge being a husband and new father and athlete. He believes… That anyone can achieve their fitness goals when they put their mind to it. He is especially happy when he can be that catalyst for change, and hopefully changing someone’s life.
- 70.3 Ironman Hawaii 2008, 2009, 2010
- Ironman World Championship Hawaii 2008
- Big Island Amateur Champion 2002, 2011 (golf)
- Waikoloa Amateur Champion 2007 (golf)
- Hilo marathon 2002
- Honolulu marathon 2007, 2008, 2009
- Kona marathon 2008, 2009
- Kona 1/2 marathon 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012
- Omaha 1/2 marathon 2010
- Tantalus 10mile trail run 2002
- Road to Hana 52 Mi relay 2008
- Strang Superbowl 16.5 mi run 2011, 2012
- Kukio blue water 1.2 mi swim 2009
- Kukio challenge 2008, 2009, 2012
- Waikoloa Lavaman 2002, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12
- Lavaman Keauhou 2011 relay